We're pleased to offer the following services at North Heights Veterinary Clinic:
• Wellness exams and vaccinations
• Emergency treatment
• Blood testing and urinalysis
• Digital radiography (x-rays)
• Fecal analysis for parasites
• Full pharmacy and prescriptions to outside pharmacies
• Surgery, soft tissue (including spay / neuter)
• Surgery, orthopedic (select procedures, based on consultation)
• Biopsy and cytology
• Microchipping (Home Again)
• IV fluids
• Dental cleaning and digital radiography
• Dental extractions and oral surgery
• Heartworm testing and heartworm preventative (Heartgard)
• Humane euthanasia
• Flea and tick preventatives and deworming
• Prescription diets from Hills, Purina, and Royal Canin
• Veterinary exclusive dog and cat foods from iVet
• Medicated shampoos
• Routine nail trims and anal gland expression
Helpful websites for your pet's care:
• Veterinary Partner: www.veterinarypartner.com
• American Veterinary Dental College: www.avdc.org
• Veterinary Oral Health Council: www.vohc.orgdogresources.png
Behavior, growth, and development
• Ohio State Indoor Pet Initiative: http://indoorpet.osu.edu/
• Denver Dumb Friends League: Go to www.ddfl.org and choose the “Education” menu on the toolbar.
• Dr. Sophia Yin: http://drsophiayin.com/resources
• Clean Run: www.cleanrun.com
Diet and weight control
• Aerokat inhalers for cats with asthma: www.trudellmed.com
• American Animal Hospital Association: www.aaha.org
• American Board of Veterinary Practitioners: www.abvp.com
• American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine: www.acvim.org
• American Kennel Club: www.akc.org
• American Veterinary Medical Association: www.avma.org
• Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges: www.aavmc.org
• Center for Veterinary Medicine- U.S. Food and Drug Administration: www.fda.gov/cvm/
• Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association: www.wvma.org
Our appointment book is computerized, which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come in immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty six days a week who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. Usually an emergency team consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet's life. Emergencies can be things such as accidental ingestion of rat poison, hit by car, and chocolate ingestion. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call or come in immediately.
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening. If you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment, our veterinarians will work to "squeeze" you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen.
Because a large number of veterinarians practice at North Heights Veterinary Clinic, we can care for many types of pets:
- Pocket Pets*
- Small Farm Animals*
*Select veterinarians only. Call us for more information.
North Heights Veterinary Clinic offers discounted services to senior citizens and local area rescue groups. Pre-approval is required to qualify for the rescue group discounts, please call us for more information.